Judo translates as 'the gentle way.' The object of Judo is to throw your opponent flat on their back with impetus, or secure a hold down for 25 seconds. In addition, Seniors learn strangulation techniques and arm lock techniques which can also win a contest outright.
All Judo Sessions are held at the Greyfriars Community Centre in Ringwood. Map and Full address can be found on our Contact us page.
Beginners to Judo are welcome to Join. First taster Session is Free. We have spare Judo GIs available at the Club.
- 6:15 pm - 7.15pm (5-15 years old)
- 7.15 pm - 7:45pm (10-15 years old , continuation from 1st Session)
- 6.30pm - 7.30 (5-15 years old)
£4.00 per session (£7 for 2 siblings)
Adult / Senior Judo Sessions
- 8.00 pm - 9.30 pm (Crash Mat Work / Randori / Harder Session)
- 8 pm - 10 pm (Technical Session)
Adult Beginners Welcome any Sessions
£4 per session
British Judo Membership
Ringwood Judo Club does not have a monthly membership or joining fee. our mat fees are on a "pay as you go" basis.
All Judokas and new members are required to become members of the BJA for insurance purposes.